Extending the FRAME architecture
E-FRAME is a EC-funded Support Action project that started in May 2008 for a duration of 3 years. It will provide support for the creation of inter-operable and scalable Cooperative Systems throughout the European Union. It will provide a centre of knowledge that is commercially and politically neutral, and which services everyone’s long term interests.
Its main objectives are:
- to extend the European ITS Framework Architecture (FRAME) architecture to include new functionalities from Cooperative Systems for:
to show how FRAME can be used to develop and implement Cooperative Systems across EU Member States and Regions.
- New data from Vehicles, e.g. road conditions
- V2V communications for travel information
- Better driver information and trip planning
- Improved knowledge of road network state
The system requirements for the COOPERS, CVIS and SAFESPOT integrated projects have already been collated into a set of combined requirements in the format of the FRAME
For more information, please click here.