Methodology for field operational tests
The aim of FESTA is to generate a manual of best practice for the design and implementation of Field Operations Tests (FOTs) for stand-alone and cooperative Intelligent Vehicle Safety Systems.
Facilitating the coordination of stakeholders' expertise and experience, this EC-funded project will help creating a handbook dealing with the following topics:
- Data Requirements, storage and analysis
- Experimental design
- Scaling up
- Critical design and implementation activities based on 'Lessons-learned' in FOTs in Europe, the US, Japan, Australia and elsewhere.
Three work packages will focus on the various ICT functions - Vehicle systems (e.g. collision warning systems), Cooperative systems (e.g. traffic management systems), Nomadic devices (e.g. driver information systems) and deliver for each of these functions:
- Use cases, scenarios and technologies
- Analysis of potential benefits and shortcomings
- Behaviour results and risks for FOT
- Input and requirements for FOT
More information can be found at http://www.ertico.com/en/activities/safety/festa.htm