In-vehicle and infrastructure sensing technologies
TRACKSS has one strategic goal: developing new systems for cooperative sensing and predicting flow, infrastructure and environmental conditions surrounding traffic, with a view to improve road transport operations safety and efficiency.
We concentrate on the following sensing technologies in the project:
- On-board vehicle sensors:
- Ice-detection [CRF];
- Video-camera with enhanced night vision, lane/road side recognition, detection vulnerable users [BOSCH];
- Infrared sensor to detect an infrared emitter with vehicle ID [LCPC];
- Smart dust for in-vehicle applications [UNEW];
- Electromagnetic sensor for pedestrian detection [TRL];
- External sensing technologies:
- In-road inductive loops [ITACA];
- Laser scanners (for infrastructure) [ITACA];
- Video cameras for infrastructure [CTL];
- Smart dust for infrastructure [UNEW];
- Spaceborne/airborne sensors [DLR];
- Advanced radar sensor [TRW].
For more information, please click here.