An open telematics platform for vehicle-to-vehicle and infrastructure communications
The Traffimatics project aims to investigate the possibilities for using vehicles to create a large-scale self-organising sensor and communications network enabling travel, traffic, safety and entertainment applications.
To achieve its objectives Traffimatics will develop a telematics platform that:
- Is cost effective
- Integrates seamlessly with other (ubiquitous) computing environments
- Adds value to the telematics end-user
- Is self-managing requiring no driver involvement
- Will easily evolve with technology and end-user demand
- Will provide improved traffic and road monitoring
For more information, please click here.